Guest Post – Becca Warbreck

Tuesdays and Thursdays for the next month, or more, will be dedicated to guest writers. Today I am pleased to introduce you to Becca Warbreck. I have known Becca since we were both in high school. Over the past decade I have seen her become a wife, a mother and now, someone who ministers to the women around her in too many ways to count. I am so excited to have her sharing here with you today!

In the past 6 months I have been through a few too many seasons for my liking. I have had two really big highs and two of my deepest lows and a few weeks of everything in between, but through every high and low God has been faithful.

In the past 3 weeks or so God has really brought me through one of my darkest seasons, 2 miscarriages in 5 months. For about a month after my 2nd miscarriage I felt so stuck, like I was in a deep pit and couldn’t get out. Almost everyday I spent before the Lord, crying, yelling, asking questions, looking for answers, reading and praying. There is nothing like it when the Lord meets you in your deepest pain. When He speaks truth and promises to you when there is so much hurt and brokenness. I was so dependent on God during the last 5 months that He showed me so much more of himself to me. He has become so real for me; it’s hard to explain it.

Now, I grew up in a Christian home and gave my heart to God when I was 5, but something has drastically changed in my relationship with God. Through my heartache I have learned to hold on to God and His truths with everything I had. Daily I had to spend time with my Heaven Father so I would be comforted, so the lies would be silenced and my heart would be healed.

Now about 3 weeks after God lifted me out of my pit, life was getting back to normal and it seemed to be moving faster than ever and that is when I started slipping. My time with God was NOT a daily thing any more, my dependence on Him was becoming less and my life was starting to feel out of control. I had two extremely rough days with my 3 kids and EVERYTHING seemed so hard!

I was on my way to the Women’s Bible Study at my church when the song “Desert Song “ came on. Through this song the Lord spoke to me and said “IN EVERY SEASON I AM GOD!” Now I wasn’t in a place of pain, heartache, needing direction, or searching I was just living life with 3 young children and then He reminded me that “just living life with 3 young children” is a season and that I am in need of Him during EVERY season of my life. In the past week or so I had become so fleshy when I was trying to live life on my own and I was not being dependent on my God.

God gently reminded me that when I was in one of my darkest hours HE was there, when I felt so lost and so alone HE was there, when I was so broken and hurt HE was there. But He also reminded me that HE wants to be there through all the day-to-day stuff NOT just the BIG stuff. HE wants to give me advice when I’m at my wit’s end with my kids or when I’m having a disagreement with my husband, HE wants to celebrate with me when something exciting is happening. HE wants to just be around. God wants to live life with me and He wants to live life with you!

This takes daily action on our part; we MUST daily set some time aside to spend it in God’s presence. We MUST be open and willing to hear God’s voice at anytime of the day. We MUST depend on God and not on our own strength and wisdom to live day-to-day.

God’s desire is to commune with us on a daily basis in EVERY season of our lives. May the Lord bless you with wisdom, strength, guidance, love, healing and comfort as you live life with your Heavenly Father.

All of my life, in every season, you are still God.

I have a reason to sing,

I have a reason to worship

God has blessed with a husband of almost 9 years, 3 beautiful children and the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. I started blogging in October of last year as a way for me to write down all my feelings & emotions and what God was doing in me as I dealt with my first miscarriage. Since then I have continued to blog about what God is saying and doing in my life and now He is using me for so much more than I could have every imagined. http://oneofhischildren.blogspot.com/

1. apesydaisy says:

I so totally hear you in this in regards to the living every day is a season in which I need to lean on God. I get so caught up in just making it through a day sometimes that I “forget” to really lean on him, not just throw up a help me prayer. Thanks for the reminder!

1. Becca says:

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for sharing, Becca! Great reminder!

1. Becca says:

Haley – Thanks for reading!

3. I am going to go and listen to that song right this instant!

1. Becca says:

Enjoy, it’s one of my favorites and a great reminder that we are totally in need of God!

4. Levi says:

Sounds like a lesson God walked me through earlier this year. God showed me that in the midst of suffering He is present, and if I turn to Him I will find even greater comfort than whatever comfort an end to my current suffering would be. I naively thought that God’s comfort would come in the form of escape from suffering, but His glorious truth is that He does not alway/immediately take suffering away. Rather God joins us in our suffering.
    Also, I have experienced the startling realization that when I am at ease and at rest from my pain I all too quickly forget that I need God just as much then as in the midst of suffering. I find it easier to forget to turn to God when I am happy than when I am in pain – seems counter-intuitive, but it’s what I see in myself time and time again.

Thank you for sharing your story and the lessons learned.

1. Becca says:

Thanks for reading Levi. It is funny how often and quickly we forget and try to live life on our own. May God continue to remind you daily of your dependance on him.

“Rather God joins us in our suffering.”

That is some truth right there. :)

My wife and I have had eight miscarriages in just under three years of marriage so I know what you mean about it being a dark valley. I’m glad showed up to meet you there.

1. Becca says:

Jason – I’m so sorry! I can’t imagine! I pray that God has given you peace and has shown you his love and heart for you and your wife even in the midst of heartache.

Jason, I agree with Becca, I’m so sorry you and Amy had to go through that difficult time. So many couples see the end of their relationship through trials of that type; what an amazing testimony that you were able to come through it together!

Becca, I love your transparency in your writing. Your ability to be vulnerable and show what God is doing in your life is admirable. I’m know God is doing big things in your life right now, and I look forward to seeing what comes out of it. Thanks for sharing here!

1. Becca says:

Thanks Melissa for asking! Thanks for your encouragement. May God continue to use you for all that He has called you too! I’m excited to see where God is going to be taking you & Josh in your next step of faith :)

Haha! You and me both…if only He’d show us some time soon. :)

7. Moe says:

I find that God is very faithful of speaking to us in our seasons. Even if the answer is “Be still”. I have often found that even thought that doesn’t make the pain go away, it does give me hope that he is taking care of it, in His way, in His time. Good post!

8. dustin says:

Excellent post. Great idea, Melissa… love the feature with new bloggers (to me at least).

Thanks, Dustin! I really enjoy providing the opportunity for other voices to share here! :) Glad I’m not the only one.