Beware the Flintstone Feet

September 2008

This is a picture of my foot towards the end of my last pregnancy. Sadly, this was normal to me. In all three of my first pregnancies my body would morph into  some sort of strange monster. People talk about “cankles,” I had “thankles.”

May 2010

So, imagine my delight today as I took a picture of my foot at the end of this, my fourth, pregnancy. I have ankles still!!

And…I think I need a new pair of Rainbows

**It’s good to be thankful about the little things in life…Emily @ Chatting at the Sky encourages her readers to do just that every Tuesday. Visit her site to see what daily things others are unwrapping.

[tweetmeme = Melissa_Rae]

1. SarahBee says:

Wow! I couldn’t see my ankles until Matteo was born. Awesome that you’ve kept yours! Hang in there, mama.

That’s totally how I was with all the other pregnancies! I’m sooo happy that this time is different. :) BTW, Matteo is so cute in his 1- month-picture.

2. Mama Hen says:

Hey there! I just stopped by from Lady Bloggers Society! Come visit me at Mama’s Little Chick. Your poor feet! My sister could not even walk at the end of her pregnancy!

Mama Hen

3. keLi says:

oh, how this cracked me up. i too strutted thankles (in Rainbows, my sista — which stretched with my feet and became the preggers-Rainbows thereafter) with my first, and am hoping to avoid that this go-round.

you should frame that picture with the “how beautiful are your feet in sandals” scripture from song of solomon beneath it … to honor your acheivement. :)

My Rainbows are sooo nasty. I can’t bring myself to throw them away though. Haha! It takes so long to break them in. :)

4. joAnn says:

bwahahaha!
    I live in flip flops, especially when Pregnant. Of course, I was told to wear tennis shoes when my hip kept popping out of joint…
    And now, two kids later, I wear a size 9. My feet grew to a permanent size nine…the sacrifices we make

Yeah, my feet have gone up a size too. It is not fun. :) But, oh how I love the excuse pregnancy gives me to wear flip flops for all occassions!!

5. patty says:

it’s the little things, for sure! congrats on pregnancy 4.. hope you are feeling well!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Patty. Now that I’m near the end I’m anxious for it to be over…but this has been a very uneventful pregnancy. :)